From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nomachine on Gentoo
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 15:25:08
1 Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Did anybody install "nomashine" on Gentoo?
4 > I run onto this instruction, but did not try it yet:
5 > http://www.thejach.com/view/2014/9/installing_nomachine_on_gentoo
6 >
7 > I'm running "nxclient-3.5xxx" and "nxserver-freenx-0.7xxx"
8 > and I'm afraid something will stop working on my server if I install
9 > "nomashine"
10 >
11 > I've an old laptop and tried Xubuntu Fedora but none of them have "nxclient-3.5xxx"
12 > I've found freenx-client on SUSE distro but that distro mostly comes with Gnome or KDE desktop (too heavy for my old laptop).
13
14 Sounds like you might want to look at LTSP?
18 Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
19 might swallow us. Finally, this fear has become reasonable.