From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -j, make -j and make -l
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 10:40:18
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Saturday 26 Nov 2011 15:22:15 Michael Mol wrote:
4 > > I just wanted to share an experience I had today with optimizing parallel
5 > > builds after discovering "-l" for Make...
6 > >
7 > > I've got a little more tweaking I still want to do, but this is pretty
8 > > awesome...
9 > >
10 > > http://funnybutnot.wordpress.com/2011/11/26/optimizing-parallel-builds/
11 > >
12 > > ZZ
13 >
14 > Thanks for sharing! How do you determine the optimum value for -l?
15
16 How do you get emerge not to display number of jobs and load average --
17 I only want to compile one at a time -- much safer that way and it is
18 doing that, but now it displays all that load average and how many jobs,
19 etc. -- any way to get rid of that display?
22 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
23 How do
24 you spend it?
25
26 John Covici