From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Weird df listing
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 17:16:41
1 Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 15:39 +0200, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 >> you have space left, but the inodes are all used up.
4 >>
5 >> Typical problem for fs like extX.
9 > What fs should I use instead? For future reference what's the current
10 > standard?
11
12 I would verify that you are actually out of inodes before attempting to
13 fix that problem. df -i should show you your inode usage.
14
15 As everyone else has stated ext3 is set to keep 5% of the disk available
16 for root by default and that is likely what the issue is. I would not
17 change this as ext3 and most other file systems start having severe
18 fragmenting issues at 90% usage and up.
19
20 kashani