From: David Haller <gentoo@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Lynx, Links, or Elinks?
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 07:58:52
1 Hello,
2
3 On Fri, 09 Dec 2011, Hartmut Figge wrote:
4 >Philip Webb:
5 >>Lynx : I've been using it daily since 1996 .
6 >
7 >I have used it during my new installation on x86_64 to read the handbook
8 >of Gentoo. Problem was, that the lines there were too long to fit into
9 >the 80x24 window on console.
10 >
11 >The lines were truncated and i had to guess what would be displayed
12 >without truncation. ;) Maybe there is a way of horizontal scrolling
13 >which i had not found.
14
15 links uses [] for horizontal scrolling. I also like how it handles
16 tables. But: I recommend to install all four (or at least lynx, links
17 and w3m), as all have shortcomings/quirks and advantages (e.g. when
18 dumping html as text results vary and with what options you can "tune"
19 the result).
20
21 HTH,
22 -dnh