From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub on a SATA drive
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 19:32:22
2 > This means the kernel cannot mount your root
3 > partition (/dev/sda6 IS the
4 > correct setting for root). Either your root
5 > partitions's filesystem is
6 > not compiled into your kernel or you have not added
7 > support for your SATA
8 > controller. These must be compiled into the kernel,
9
10 I realize that.
11
12 > not as modules. You
13 > need
14 >
15 > CONFIG_SCSI_SATA=y
16
17 Yes, I got that one.
18
19 > CONFIG_SCSI_SATA_YOURCONTROLLER=y
20
21 NV_SATA worked(although SIL_SATA didn't, despite
22 having a Sil3114 controller) before, but is not among
23 the options(nor, for that matter, SIL_SATA) in
24 menuconfig for this kernel. Is there a patch, I
25 require?
26
27 More paradox: the kernel among the sources on the CD
28 is 2.6.12-r6, exactly the same as the one I had before
29 on the Maxtor IDE, upgraded using emerge about a month
30 and a half ago!
34 > --
35 > Neil Bothwick
36 >
37 > DATA COMPRESSION: What You Get When You Squish An
38 > Android
45 Start your day with Yahoo! - Make it your home page!
46 http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
47 --
48 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list