From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] modifying iptables: how can I prevent locking me out?
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 22:11:07
1 >> Maybe a cron job that no matter what reloads the old rules 1 hour later?
2 > Wouldn't at make more sense?
3
4 Thanks to all who replied. So first I saved my working rules with
5 # /sbin/iptables-save -c > /root/ipt.bak
6
7 Then I created my command file:
8 # echo '#!/bin/bash' > /root/ipt-restore
9 # echo '/sbin/iptables-restore -c < /root/ipt.bak' >> /root/ipt-restore
10 # chmod 0700 /root/ipt-restore
11
12 Now I'm going to set up my restore-job:
13 # at -f /root/ipt-restore now + 60 min
14
15 And after that I will play a little with iptables-rules, hoping that
16 at-job will save my a** if I screw something...
17
18 Jarry
22 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
23 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.