From: Matthias Fechner <idefix@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reinstall all packages needed by vim
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 07:21:40
1 Hi Justin,
2
3 Justin schrieb:
4 > Try doing what the ebuild is telling you. Re-emerge perl and libperl
5 > with the same USE FLAGS
6
7 that is what I tried to say, but maybe two commands make it more clear:
8 equery u libperl
9
10 [ Found these USE variables for sys-devel/libperl-5.8.8-r1 ]
11 U I
12 + + berkdb : Adds support for sys-libs/db (Berkeley DB for MySQL)
13 - - debug : Enable extra debug co
14 + + gdbm : Adds support for sys-libs/gdbm (GNU database libraries)
15 - - ithreads : Enable Perl threads, has some compatibility problems
16
17 equery u perl
18 [ Found these USE variables for dev-lang/perl-5.8.8-r4 ]
19 U I
20 + + berkdb : Adds support for sys-libs/db
21 - - build : !!internal use only!! DO NOT
22 - - debug : Enable extra debug codepaths
23 - - doc : Adds extra documentation (API, Javadoc, etc)
24 - - elibc_FreeBSD : <unknown>
25 + + gdbm : Adds support for sys-libs/gd
26 - - ithreads : Enable Perl threads, has som
27 - - perlsuid : Enable Perl SUID install. Ha
28
29 I shortened the description line from equery to get it into one line.
30 Here you can see that perl and libperl is compiled with the same USE flags.
31
32 So that could be another bug?
33
34 Thanks,