From: PaulNM <gentoo@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Blocking - after emerge -C cvs ssmtp
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 20:47:39
1 dhk wrote:
2 > dhk wrote:
3 >> Neil Bothwick wrote:
4 >>> On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 06:24:22 +0000, dhk wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>>> 1) The cvs I removed because I want to try subversion, but when I do
7 >>>> an "emerge -uDNp world" cvs shows in the list. The
8 >>>> /var/lib/portage/world doesn't have cvs in it either. This isn't a
9 >>>> Blocking problem, but
10 >>>> every update installs cvs again.
11 >>>
12 >>> That's because something on your system depends on cvs. This is not a
13 >>> problem, programs hat need cvs will use cvs, those that want subversion
14 >>> will use that. Instaling both does no harm.
15 >> I just was to get rid of cvs since I'm not using it. How do I find
16 >> what depends on it?
17 > This one is resolved. After doing and emerge --search cvs there were
18 > two cvs packages installed: cvs and colorcvs. When I did and emerge -C
19 > cvs and then emerge -uDNp world, cvs was back in the list to get
20 > installed again. After doing an emerge -C colorcvs the cvs package
21 > didn't show up in the emerge -uDNp world list.
24 For future reference, emerge has a --tree (-t) option to show what
25 packages are pulling in others.
26
27 PaulNM
28 --