From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How the HAL are you supposed to use these files?
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:25:05
1 chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
2 > On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 02:24:36 -0600, Dale wrote:
5 >>> hal is a classic "Second System Effect" case
6 >>>
7 >
8 >>> But I thought we thrashed this to death a while ago and all agreed to
9 >>> never speak of this abomination again, while we await the Third
10 >>> System Effect aka DeviceKit?
11 >>>
12 >
13 >> From what I read it appears to be the same guy doing both. Maybe,
14 >> just maybe, some lessons were learned and it will be a lot better.
15 >>
16 > Isn't that the point of redoing it? It's when someone else comes along
17 > with brand new way of doing things that we get a whole load of brand new
18 > problems?
22 That was my point. I'm hoping he sees the "weaknesses" of hal and
23 doesn't put those in devicekit. I'm hopeful it will be better not just
24 the same old thing with a new name.
25
26 Speaking of improvements, I'll be glad when Seamonkey sorts out that top
27 line up there. It appears that Seamonkey 2 still has a bug up its
28 butt. lol
29
30 Dale
31