From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rescue cd for zfs 2.1 or thereabouts
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 17:57:53
1 On Mon, 23 Aug 2021 13:37:01 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > > Your root pool setup doesn't really matter for GRUB compatibility.
4 > > What's important is that you have the proper features setup on your
5 > > boot pool. That's the one GRUB loads.
6 >
7 > Sure, and in this case /boot is on my root pool.
8 >
9 > In any case, it would be nice if there was some way to tell what zpool
10 > features grub requires, as it is a limiting factor for whatever pool
11 > /boot happens to be on.
12
13 Aren't new features only applied to newly created pools and datasets? If
14 /boot was compatible with GRUB it should still be. At least that's how I
15 read the einfo messages zfs spits out.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.