From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [ebuild] make ebuild use custom ./configure arg
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 02:47:18
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 01:00:06 -0500, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
4 >
5 >> I'm trying to make my own ebuild of samba, jumping to latest release
6 >> 23c. After creating the overlay and moving the current 23a there
7 >> renamed as 23c. I'd like to make ebuild use one custom ./conifigure
8 >> arg of my own creation.
9 >
10 > There are two ways of doing this:
11 >
12 > Modify the ebuild, adding
13 >
14 > --without-torture \
15 >
16 > to the list that follows "econf" in src_compile(), line 95 in the
17 > 3.0.23a ebuild.
18 >
19 > Set the EXTRA_ECONF variable
20 >
21 > EXTRA_ECONF="--without-torture" emerge samba
22
23 Thanks for the detailed help, I think I must be going at this the
24 wrong way and should maybe be trying to figure out why `torture' is
25 breaking rather than trying to by-pass it.
26
27 The configure still fails after adding
28 --without-torture \
29 as suggested under the `econf' section. The the last chunk of
30 compiler output is at the end of this message.
31
32 It appears identical to the ouput I got with my first attempt at
33 making an ebuild, so I'm guessing --without-torture is not really a
34 possible flag as it appears to be breaking on torture any way.
35
36 I see some lines futher down below the econf section, around line 127
37 where the script runs `make torture' so --without-torture doesn't do
38 it I guess.
39
40 I've tried commenting those two line out:
41 # einfo "make rpctorture"
42 # emake rpctorture || ewarn "rpctorture didn't build"
43
44 But then the verification fails on the ebuild `unpack' part:
45 [...]
46 !!! Digest verification failed:
47 !!! /usr/local/portage/net-fs/samba/samba-3.0.23c.ebuild
48 !!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
49 !!! Got: 8233
50 !!! Expected: 8230
51
52 So how can I edit this script and get around that failure? And why
53 didn't it fail verification when I inserted --withoug-toruture?
54
55 That would have changed the md5 too.
56
57 Or is it something I can correct by just generating my own post edit
58 md5 checksum?
63 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list