From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rc runlevel act strangely
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 16:13:26
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Sunday 19 June 2011 13:40:47 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Peter Humphrey wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> The command you should have used is "rc-update add<service> default".
7 >>>
8 >> Actually, eselect is the new way. I still use the old way myself but
9 >> eselect should work just as well.
10 >>
11 > How so? I've never come across this idea til today.
15 I don't know when it got added but it is on mine. This is in the help page:
16
17 rc Manage /etc/init.d scripts in runlevels
18
19 It works something like this:
20
21 root@fireball / # eselect rc add xdm default
22 Adding xdm to following runlevels
23 default [skipped]
24 root@fireball / #
25
26 It was skipped because it was already there but that's how it works.
27
28 Neat huh?
29
30 Dale