From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gnome 2.26 stable?
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 12:49:54
1 Daniel Troeder schrieb:
2
3 > I'm running testing GNOME on a "stable" system, with tesing
4 > audio/video/gfx/xorg stuff.
5 > Everything I consider "moving fast" is testing, the rest of the system
6 > is stable. Works good for me. Just that I have to unmask more and more
7 > base packages too, because they are a dependency of other unmasked
8 > packages...
9
10 Yes, that's what I fear somehow.
11
12 > $ wc -l /etc/portage/package.*
13 > 593 /etc/portage/package.keywords
14 > 2 /etc/portage/package.mask
15 > 32 /etc/portage/package.unmask
16 > 23 /etc/portage/package.use
17 > 650 total
18 >
19 > (cleaned number after checking for comments with
20 > $ egrep '^#' /etc/portage/package.*
21 > )
22 >
23 > $ eix -I --only-names | wc -l
26 > Well... I wouldn't call a system with 50% testing packages officially
27 > "stable" - though it is. :D
28
29 ;-)
30
31 Any way to share a meaningful list of gnome-related pkgs to
32 unmask/keyword? Just for starting off here ....
33
34 Thanks, Stefan