From: Peter Ruskin <peter.ruskin@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] (OT) ksmoothdock quirk
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 23:41:52
1 On Tuesday 30 October 2007, Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I have set up a KDE desktop for my wife to have ksmoothdock at
5 > the bottom and the default KDE menu panel at the top.
6 >
7 > On the left edge of the desktop I have in a column various
8 > shortcuts (desktop icons).
9 >
10 > The problem is that each time the desktop is loaded and
11 > ksmoothdock is launched, the icons get progressively bunched up
12 > at the top of the screen, under the KDE menu panel. After the
13 > machine is rebooted a few times, or the desktop reloaded all the
14 > icons are hidden under the KDE menu panel at the top.
15 >
16 > To avoid a domestic and calls for buying an applemac for
17 > Christmas could you please tell me how to nail those icons on the
18 > desktop so that they do not shift? :)
19
20 Arrange icons on the desktop as you want them, then right-click on
21 the desktop | Icons | Lock in place.
24 Peter
26 Gentoo Linux: Portage 2.1.3.16 kernel-2.6.22-gentoo-r1
27 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ gcc(GCC): 4.1.2
28 KDE: 3.5.8 Qt: 3.3.8
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list