From: Cocoy Dayao <cocoy.dayao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] firefox-bin can't see the web but firefox 64-bit and konqueror does.
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 11:49:11
1 hi everyone.
2
3 So the family computer at home is my old amd64 running gentoo. mostly
4 people in the house use it to just check their mail, browse youtube
5 and play online flash games. i have firefox-bin and firefox 64
6 installed. it's been running that for years on end. now all of a
7 sudden, firefox-bin couldn't connect to the internet but firefox 64
8 and conqueror can. ping, traceroute from the same machine works. i've
9 check the network settings on -bin, and its configured to point direct
10 to the internet as it should be. no proxy in this house. so i'm pretty
11 sure network is good.
12
13 So my question is... what's wrong? Am i missing something?
14
15 Also, is there someway to install flash to run with firefox 64? i've
16 used google and the wiki says the 32-bit firefox is still the only one
17 running for AMD64.
18
19 thanks and cheers,
21 Cocoy
22 "People who are really serious about software should make their own
23 hardware." --Alan Kay
26 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list