From: Francisco Rivas <taken2k4@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Install on a Dell E4300
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 20:03:31
1 Hi all, I was trying to install Gentoo 2008.0 in a Dell E4300 but the kernel
2 does not have support for the Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation
3 82567LM Gigabit Network Connection. Does anybody try to install Gentoo in
4 that notebook? or does anybody knows a better way to get gentoo working on
5 this dell notebook?
6
7 I did the following :
8
9 Get the stages 2 files, download the kernel 2.6.28 and compile it and after
10 that I got support for my ethernet card and wireless card but the resto of
11 the installation was really problematic, so I decided to make that question
12 in these lists.
13
14 thanks in advance and best regards.
17 Francisco Rivas
18 http://www.vaslibre.org.ve
19 -
20 And on the seventh day God said :wq and then make
21 http://beck3r.wordpress.com/
22 Linux User (New) : #448324
23 Linux Machine (New) : 355187