From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT router advice] a router capable of detailed logs
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 06:00:17
1 On Thursday 21 April 2011 06:55:41 Mick wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 20 April 2011 16:56:15 Harry Putnam wrote:
3 > > Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> writes:
4 > > > Do you get the same condensed format when you capture the logs in your
5 > > > LAN syslog server?
6 > >
7 > > I did not try that, but is there some reason to expect a difference?
8 >
9 > No, it shouldn't - after all it is the same log file that you are
10 > accessing, but wasn't sure if the gui condensed what's reported to fit it
11 > in the screen.
12 >
13 > > I have channeled logs to Syslog running on gentoo with at least 2
14 > > different routers in the past and saw no difference in the logs.
15 > >
16 > > Do you notice a difference?
17 >
18 > I do not have a Cisco router to try it just now, but could you have a look
19 > at how your access lists are defined? Extended ACLs *should* show ports,
20 > as long as ports are used in permit/deny statements and asked to be
21 > logged; e.g.
22 >
23 > access-list 102 permit tcp host 10.10.10.2 eq 0 any eq 0 log
24 >
25 > of course IOS versions may change things, but that's how I remember it
26 > worked.
27
28 Ah! Here's what I found:
29