From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: not understanding failed build log
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 21:13:19
1 Setup: VBox vm running gentoo(amd64) guest on a win-10 (64bit) host
2 Hardware: HP xw8600 - 2x Xeon CPU X5450 @ 3.00GHz - 32 GB ram
3
4 Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> writes:
5
6 [...]
7
8 > Sorry to post the raw pile of output but last time a used a http link
9 > to a long log someone here told me that many of you would not bother
10 > to follow it or help.
11 >
12 > So here it is inlined:
13 >
14 > xf86-video-virtualbox-5.1.14
15 >
16 > /var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/xf86-video-virtualbox-5.1.14/temp/build.log
17
18 [...]
19
20 Please disregard that massive post. Once I noticed that the package
21 it refers too:
22
23 xf86-video-virtualbox
24
25 Was something that comes from inside
26 app-emulation/virtualbox-guest-additions
27
28 And since I've already declared that in package.provided as something
29 I've supplied. Then I realized I should be able to do the same thing
30 with that package since it is already installed when I installed the
31 guest additions from the vbox version that is housing this gentoo
32 intall.
33
34 Seems to be working ok so far.