From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kded4 keeping a flash drive busy
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 14:22:08
1 On 03/04/13 at 10:56am, Francisco Ares wrote:
2 > Hello All
3 >
4 > Issuing a "fuser -m [mount-point]" shows that kded4 keeps using the flash
5 > drive device, so I am not allowed to umount it.
6 >
7 > Any hints on how to solve this? The most relevant search result is in
8 > http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=99419&start=15 , but I just
9 > can't believe that I have to kill any process to make something so usual.
10 >
11 > Thanks
12 > Francisco
13
14 Hi,
15 This is just a hunch but do you have nepomuk and friends enabled ?
16 If so in the nepomuk server configuration is ignore all removable media
17 set?
18
19 If that's not the case then maybe look under the service manager and try
20 disabling services that look like they might want to access your flash
21 drive. When I glanced at that list the only one that might be guilty is
22 the Nepomuk Search Module.
26 - Yohan Pereira
27
28 The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
29 between a mermaid and a seal.
30 -- Mark Twain