From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: hardened: setuid
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:02:26
1 On 12/07/06, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I have not seen any indication of comprimise.
4 > Yes the system had redhat some years ago. It's entirely possible the same
5 > partition table was used and therefore these residual files are artifacts
6 > of a previous installation. My googling did not find any thing.
7 >
8 > Where did you find out they are redhat files?
9
10 Have a look here:
11
12 http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/Red_Hat_Contrib-Net__rhcn-bugs_redhat.com_.html
13 http://web.mit.edu/ist/topics/linux/linux-athena.html
14 http://web.mit.edu/ist/topics/athena/differences.html
15
16 I have found that re-using partitions without zeroing them first,
17 using e.g. dd, or without making a new fs over them ends up in old
18 files being suddenly resurrected . . .
19 --
20 Regards,
21 Mick
22 --