From: "François-Xavier CARTON" <fx.carton@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xorg on really old PC
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 12:49:01
1 Le 31/08/2018 à 05:10, Walter Dnes a écrit :
2 > Given the inter-connectedness of linux libraries, you're not going to
3 > get an ancient version of mesa to work with a new Gentoo install.
4
5 That's where Gentoo helps, being a source-based distribution :)
6
7 > Forget about OpenGL and undo the masks.
8 >
9 > Another option might be to set...
10 >
11 > VIDEO_CARDS="fbdev"
12 >
13 > ..in make.conf, and use the xf86-video-fbdev driver and see if that
14 > works.
15
16 Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try one more time with xf86-video-intel
17 first (using the same package versions as debian squeeze for the
18 xorg-related packages), as I would like to have OpenGL. But I'll try
19 unmasking and fbdev if that doesn't work.