From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] uvesafb will not work on my dell d820 laptop?
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 16:24:09
1 on Saturday 06/20/2009 Ian Lee(ian@×××××××××××××××××××.uk) wrote
2 > John covici wrote:
3 > > Hi. I have a Dell Latitude D820 laptop and for the life of me, I
4 > > can't get uvesafb to work. There are no messages, I just get the 25
5 > > lines by 80 column screen. I emerged clib, and v86d and made sure my
6 > > .config had /usr/share/v86d/initramfs as the initramfs source, and I
7 > > have uvesafb built in to the kernel. My boot time command line
8 > > arguments to lilo are:
9 > > init=/linuxrc ramdisk=8192 real_root=/dev/sda5 udev
10 > > video=uvesafb:1024x768 speakup.synth=spkout
11 > > (all on one line in the original).
12 > >
13 > > Attached is my emerge --info and my kernel config -- assistance would
14 > > be appreciated.
17 > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
21 > According to you kernel config, uvesafb is not built in to the kernel,
22 > but as a module. Try building it in to the kernel and not as a module.
23 >
24 OK, thought it was built in, will try again -- thanks.
27 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
28 How do
29 you spend it?
30
31 John Covici