From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Why I can't I build systemd without ipv6?
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 21:48:40
1 On 2017-10-13, Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov <gentoo@×××.name> wrote:
2
3 > Well, actually, you was alread adviced about some working methods of
4 > solving your issue (both right and wrong ones, but it is anyway your
5 > decision to take ones to use), so I'll just clarify the simple
6 > thing:
7 >
8 > You can suffer on such problems in relation to IPv6 **ONLY** in the
9 > case when your ISP **DO** have IPv6 support (say, announce IPv6
10 > preffix to you via SLAAC or DHCPv6), but having **BROKEN** IPv6
11 > routing.
12
13 It might not be the ISP that's broken. It might be the user's
14 firewall/router. A lot of the cheap consumer models are starting to
15 "support" IPv6 by default when it appears to them that the ISP
16 supports IPv6. But, the default IPv6 firewall/router settings aren't
17 always usable.
20 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I'm sitting on my
21 at SPEED QUEEN ... To me,
22 gmail.com it's ENJOYABLE ... I'm WARM
23 ... I'm VIBRATORY ...