From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Web application for contact management...
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:40:15
1 On Tuesday 16 June 2009, Steve wrote:
2
3 > So far I've not got far with either Groupware suite... they're both
4 > close - I wonder how hard it would be to tailor them... Hmmm.
5
6 Have a quick look at InfoLog of eGroupware. I think that either on its own,
7 or as it integrates with AddressBook/ProjectManager/Calendar will do more
8 than what you want. I'll be surprised if you need to customise it at all.
9
10 I have not installed this application, but from a little reading I did, it
11 seems simply a matter of running apache/MySQL/PHP and unpacking the
12 filesystem of egroupware under your /var/www/htdocs/egroupware or what have
13 you. The process is similar to drupal, or any other php based website/CMS
14 that I have come across. Gentoo helps you do this by emerging egroupware and
15 I suspect you will then run webapp-config to configure it.
16 --
17 Regards,
18 Mick