From: Nicolai Beuermann <Nicolai.Beuermann@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Couldn't load XKB keymap...
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 14:51:18
1 Hello,
2 I've got a big problem after updating world. My Keyboard - Apple Extended USB
3 Keyboard - refused to print german umlauts, AT and euro symbol.
4
5 Xorg.0.log: (WW) Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap
6 setxkbmap quits reliably with "Error loading new keyboard description"
7
8 $ setxkbmap -v 10 -model macintosh -layout de
9 Setting verbose level to 10
10 locale is C
11 Warning! Multiple definitions of keyboard model
12 Using command line, ignoring X server
13 Warning! Multiple definitions of keyboard layout
14 Using command line, ignoring X server
15 Applied rules from xorg:
16 model: macintosh
17 layout: de
18 Trying to build keymap using the following components:
19 keycodes: macintosh+aliases(qwertz)
20 types: complete+numpad(mac)
21 compat: complete
22 symbols: pc+macintosh_vndr/de+inet(apple)
23 geometry: macintosh(macintosh)
24 Error loading new keyboard description
25
26 Any known bugs or even solutions?
29 mailto: nicolai.beuermann@×××.de
30 gnupg fingerprint: 56DA 4E32 3A4A 52AC B769 DFC2 BF3E 9805 09BB 4259
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list