From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Another angle on hal/xorg thread
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 16:20:26
1 On Mittwoch 04 November 2009, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > I didn't want to derail the ongoing thread about hal/xorg with this
3 > question there.
4 >
5 > Far as I remember I haven't done anything special concerning hal but
6 > at some point hal disappeared. And is not on my system anymore.
7 >
8 > I've always used and /etc/X11/xorg.conf file for starting X.
9 > What I'm wondering from seeing this kind of topic frequently here is
10 > if I'm running in some deprecated mode?
11 >
12 > If my setup using no hal, and xorg.conf is going to become outdated
13 > and stop working anytime soon?
16 no
17
18 but hal is going away soon.