From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] trying to find the cause of an http 500 error
Date: Fri, 05 May 2017 11:13:34
1 On Fri, 05 May 2017 06:37:00 -0400,
2 Michael Orlitzky wrote:
3 >
4 > On 05/05/2017 02:30 AM, John Covici wrote:
5 > >
6 > > In case of some crazy thing in owncloud turning off logging or
7 > > something, I wrote a program which triggers a fatal error (I know
8 > > it does using the cli) and ran it under apache and nothing is being
9 > > logged.
10 > >
11 > > So, the question is how to get it so I can see the fatal error, so I
12 > > can get my owncloud working again?
13 >
14 > Check for an .htaccess file that ships with owncloud and relocates the
15 > PHP log.
16
17 The php log is not mentioned in the .htaccess file of owncloud. But
18 regardless of owncloud, php fatal errors are not logged anywhere under
19 apache, even though I have log_errors and a log file name.
22 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
23 How do
24 you spend it?
25
26 John Covici