From: Glenn Enright <elinar@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] power loss when emerging
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:16:44
1 On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 19:38, Allan Spagnol Comar wrote:
2 > Hi all, I had a doubt, I got a power loss when emerging gcc....
3 > it was almost at final, when I do a emerge --resume, it beguns all
4 > over again.... so my doubt is if there a way to continue compilation
5 > from where it stops.
6 >
7 > thanks, Allan
8
9 Yeah thats the way portage and emerge works. I'm guessing that the devs
10 decided it was the only safe way to guarantee a sane build, rather than
11 trying to restart the process half way through.
15 "That's the problem with nature, something's always stinging you
16 or oozing mucous all over you. Let's go and watch TV."
17 --- Calvin
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list