From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: New user: can't emerge Gimp still stuck.
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:07:05
1 Tek Project ha scritto:
2 > Thanks very much for your help, guys:
3 >> Looks like you just need to remerge python (emerge --oneshot python)
4 > I remerged python, then again emerged Gimp. The build went smoothly for
5 > while, but quit after some time with a series of error messages that
6 > said to submit a full bug report. I've just started to use Mrxvt and
7 > don't know how to cut and paste from the terminal screen,
8
9 Just highlight the text you want to copy, then click the middle mouse
10 button in the window you want to paste. Unix-style copy-and-paste :)
11
12 > so I took a
13 > screenshot and posted it to my website:
14 > http://www.tekproject.com/linux/gentoo/gimp.gif
15 >
16 > Could I ask you to take a look at this and decide what it might mean?
17
18 As it is written, it is probably a faulty hardware problem.
19 Try re-emerging. If it dies again *randomly* (i.e. by segfaulting in
20 another location), 99% it's a faulty RAM/processor problem.
21
22 m.
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list