From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: firefox dies on setting master password
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 15:30:52
1 On 10/24/2009 02:51 AM, William Kenworthy wrote:
2 > I am having some weird problems on a laptop after the latest X and gnome
3 > 2.26 upgrades.
4 >
5 > Firefox is the most pressing - I cant set a master password. It just
6 > dissappears - no mesg in the terminal, no dmesg, no messages log, ...
7 >
8 > Ive rebuilt firefox, and nss and used revdep-rebuild.
9 >
10 > It was working for awhile - it is possibly related to trying to fix
11 > mimetypes (I am missing some icons in Evolution and few other apps) but
12 > cant see the connection. Deleting .mozilla allows firefox to run -
13 > until I try and set the master password again ...
14
15 You could start firefox with the -g flag to run it in gdb and see where
16 it crashes (if you're lucky).
17
18 I saw the missing icons too, but sadly I can't remember how I fixed it.
19 I think I re-installed gnome-mime-data and gnome-mime-info, but I can't
20 remember if that's what did it. Sorry I can't be more helpful.