From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't see /dev/hda1,2,3 but I know they exist...
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 10:04:16
1 On 02/19/2010 10:07 AM, James Homuth wrote:
4 > *From:* Hung Dang [mailto:hungptit@×××××.com]
5 > *Sent:* February 19, 2010 1:55 AM
6 > *To:* gentoo-user@l.g.o
7 > *Subject:* Re: [gentoo-user] Can't see /dev/hda1,2,3 but I know they
8 > exist...
9 >
10 > On 02/18/10 22:49, James Homuth wrote:
11 >> I performed a bit of an update on my laptop a day or two ago, and
12 >> after reboot, I lost the ability to do anything with /dev/hda*. I
13 >> currently have 0 swap space, and according to stat, ls etc, they don't
14 >> exist. But, booting to an install CD I burned for diagnostic purposes,
15 >> it sees them just fine. Also, and this is the strange part. It boots
16 >> no problem, so the OS is able to mount at least /dev/hda3, even though
17 >> from the command line I'm not seeing it. I'm probably missing
18 >> something completely dead obvious (it's after midnight here and all),
19 >> and Google's turning up nothing, so if someone could kindly slap me in
20 >> the face with it, that'd be appreciated. Thanks either way for
21 >> whatever help comes my way.
22 > How about /dev/sda1,2,3?
23 > There is no /dev/sda*, either. First thing I checked.
24
25 Hello. Please quote correctly when you reply, like everybody else.
26
27 You can see the partitions listed in the /proc/partitions file.