From: Hunter Jozwiak <hunter.t.joz@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Planned Installation Steps
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 22:08:06
1 > On May 8, 2014, at 17:07, "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 >
3 > Am 08.05.2014 22:30, schrieb Hunter Jozwiak:
4 >> Hi all. Is it safe to install Gentoo in a course of days? Today, I
5 >> plan to get the partitions set up, mounted, and get all the stage3
6 >> things installed, maybe install the kernel if time permits.
7 >
8 > Depends on your experience.
9 >
10 > An experienced gentoo user installs from scratch in maybe one or 2 hours
11 > (following the installation docs, knowing his way, good internet access
12 > ... ).
13 >
14 >> My
15 >> question, along with the safety of the installation over days is what
16 >> is the best way to unmount partitions?
17 >
18 > This question sounds like you might need more than 2 hours.
19 >
20 > I wonder if the answer is really "umount" ?
21 >
22 > (aside from the discussion if you unmount partitions or filesystems)
23 >
24 > Stefan
25
26 The install will exceed well over two hours. Installing espeakup and dependencies takes half a day at best. Sorry, I did mean umount.