From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] UEFI data corruption? [FIXED-FIXED]
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2019 15:47:07
1 On Wednesday, 2 October 2019 10:04:33 BST Mick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 at 22:38, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > OK, 'bootctl --help' and 'man bootctl' ought to show if the installed
5 > version comes with the full list of options or not.
6
7 Neither of them says what should happen if an option is not supplied.
8
9 --->8
10
11 Now I'm getting this error in the output of bootctl (just the default entry
12 shown here):
13
14 [...]
15 Image lacks .osrel section, refusing.
16 Default Boot Loader Entry:
17 title: Gentoo Linux 4.19.72
18 id: 30-gentoo-4.19.72
19 source: /boot/loader/entries/30-gentoo-4.19.72.conf
20 linux: /vmlinuz-4.19.72-gentoo
23 If I copy the vmlinuz file to a bzImage, I get a second error output, so
24 something must be wrong with the kernel image. Google doesn't help me with
25 what, though. Sometimes the error appears as the very first line of output
26 instead. I think that's because I'm seeing the interleaved output of $1 and
27 $2.
28
29 Otherwise I can now boot and run whichever system I like. Apparently. On this
30 system. Today. ;)
33 Regards,
34 Peter.