From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] UEFI data corruption? [FIXED-FIXED]
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2019 15:47:07
On Wednesday, 2 October 2019 10:04:33 BST Mick wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 at 22:38, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
> OK, 'bootctl --help' and 'man bootctl' ought to show if the installed > version comes with the full list of options or not.
Neither of them says what should happen if an option is not supplied. --->8 Now I'm getting this error in the output of bootctl (just the default entry shown here): [...] Image lacks .osrel section, refusing. Default Boot Loader Entry: title: Gentoo Linux 4.19.72 id: 30-gentoo-4.19.72 source: /boot/loader/entries/30-gentoo-4.19.72.conf linux: /vmlinuz-4.19.72-gentoo options: root=/dev/nvme0n1p4 initrd=/intel-uc.img net.ifnames=0 If I copy the vmlinuz file to a bzImage, I get a second error output, so something must be wrong with the kernel image. Google doesn't help me with what, though. Sometimes the error appears as the very first line of output instead. I think that's because I'm seeing the interleaved output of $1 and $2. Otherwise I can now boot and run whichever system I like. Apparently. On this system. Today. ;) -- Regards, Peter.