From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] daemon fox?
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 10:29:08
1 On Saturday, 16 November 2019 17:24:34 GMT Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > Is it possible to start firefox as a daemon, ie. without opening any
3 > windows, and later connect to it as needed to display URLs? I have in
4 > mind something similar to "emacs --daemon".
5
6 Wouldn't such a behaviour have security implications? Can you have a daemon
7 spawning new window instances, but each one sandboxed separately?
10 > I had some hopes for "firefox --headless" but that doesn't do what I
11 > want: later "firefox $URL" will not connect to the running one but will
12 > start a new instance.
13
14 I think this is by design, but I am not well versed in the innards of FF.
17 Regards,
18
19 Mick