From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 1-long 3-short beeps
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:01:02
1 On 06/14/2017 09:18 AM, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > My 2-months old system is giving me 1-long 3-short beeps.
3 > No, video display.
4 > I've swapped the video cards, it is not it.
5 >
6 > Is it a motherboard?
7 > Asus 970 PRO GAMING AURA Mobo
8 >
9 > I've taken the system to the outfit that put it together (under warranty).
10
11 The outfit the put together the PC explain it to me that the video card
12 was plugged-in into a wrong PCI-express slot (8-bit); In case of single
13 video card on board the card should be plugged IN into 16-bit
14 PCI-express slot.
15
16 Apparently if there is only one video card on board the 8-bit PCI
17 express slot is disabled.
18
19 I find it hard to believe as the computer was working for 3-months
20 without any problem with video card in 8-bit PCI slot.
23 Thelma