From: Glenn Enright <elinar@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] init test fails
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 03:07:00
1 After upgrading recently I had some failures during startup. The first scripts
2 to fail was the logger?
3
4 I had to alter my syslog-ng script so the depend statment had only the need
5 and provide statemnt, rather than the test, and then add net to the need
6 line. This was because I was using a custom syslog-ng script that confused
7 the test so init tried to start it before the network was active.
8
9 unfortunately this also caused vixie cron to die as well. so not only was the
10 system without a logger, but also a cron.
13 "Contrariwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be, and
14 if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic!"
15 -- Lewis Carroll, "Through the Looking Glass"