From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Flash stopped working after Firefox 3.6.3->3.6.4 update.
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 19:21:47
1 >> > > I did have an extra libflashplayer.so, I deleted it, I deleted
2 >> > > pluginreg.dat, I re-emerged adobe-flash, and I restarted firefox, but
3 >> > > flash still isn't working.  It works in opera.  Any ideas?
4 >> >
5 >> > Try with another new profile :
6 >> >     $ firefox -ProfileManager
7 >>
8 >> Here it stopped working in the new Opera-10.6 and Konqueror, but still
9 >> works in FF-3.6.4.  o_O
10 >>
11 >> I'm starting a new thread for the Opera problem ...
12 >
13 > Latest flash does not have a 64 bit version. On amd64 you MUST use
14 > nspluginwrapper.
15 >
16 > Safest is to just remerge the thing and let it convert all your plugins - the
17 > command to do that is somewhat arcane and tedious but the ebuild does it all
18 > automatically.
19
20 Fixed by emerging nspluginwrapper. Thanks everyone!
21
22 - Grant