From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge default config
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 23:30:59
1 On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 5:45 PM, shawn wilson <ag4ve.us@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Is there a way to have default config lines that emerge updates won't touch?
5 I'd be interested in hearing about alternatives, but I switched to
6 cfg-update from dispatch-conf and such because it does automatic 3-way
7 merging. It is pretty good about detecting stuff that you customized
8 and auto-merging those lines as long as the upstream file doesn't
9 change. If it does, then you get a 3-way merge in meld or another
10 tool to do the merge. 95% of the time it just automerges all config
11 file updates without any interaction.
12
13 I inherited maintaining this upstream, so feel free to submit
14 improvements. It is a fairly mature tool but we've had some great
15 contributions to keep it up-to-date with portage/paludis apis.
18 Rich