From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Per-process-tree memory quotas?
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 09:08:49
1 On Saturday, 20 October 2018 05:13:13 BST Andrew Udvare wrote:
2 > > On 2018-10-19, at 23:24, Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > How do I do this?
5 >
6 > Cgroups were sort of invented for this reason. Yes it requires Systemd.
7
8 No, I don't think systemd is obligatory, although it may be for archlinux?
11 > https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/cgroups
12 >
13 > I too have 32 GiB of RAM and I'm curious how Chromium acts under a
14 > constrained environment, or what limits can be placed especially on the
15 > CPU. In my experience using Chrome inside VMs, it acts very poorly.
16
17 Have a look here instead for the Gentoo alternative:
18
19 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/OpenRC/CGroups
22 Regards,
23 Mick