From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: but cool - NASDAQ is gentoo powered
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 02:38:12
1 To answer your survey:
2
3 All my gentoo VMs are in production as servers. Non-glorious but
4 essential ones such as mail servers, DNS servers, proxy servers, and
5 also a couple of firewalls.
6
7 I'm currently in the process of phasing out Ubuntu servers from my
8 company, leaving just one for running Axigen.
9
10 I personally don't think Gentoo is suitable for the (l)users in my
11 company; there's just too much 'moving parts' that will make support's
12 life a hellish experience.
13
14 Currently I am planning to explore (along with Joost and hopefully
15 someone from the Xen herd will hear and help) a Gentoo-based Xen
16 Platform. An ideal match, if you ask me, since (theoretically) nothing
17 can come close to the performance of a Gentoo Dom0.
18
19 Rgds,