From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] curses of ncurses :(
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 12:56:56
1 Am Fri, 28 Aug 2015 11:44:29 +0200
2 schrieb "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>:
3
4 > On Thursday, August 27, 2015 07:13:58 PM Marc Joliet wrote:
5 > > Am Thu, 27 Aug 2015 17:42:07 +0200
6 > >
7 > > schrieb "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>:
8 > > > I only had 1 required by set.
9 > > > Which basically got me to remove the llvm use-flag from mesa.
10 > > >
11 > > > That solved the block for me as it ended up removing "llvm"
12 > >
13 > > [...]
14 > >
15 > > FWIW, my experience yesterday was that you should be able to set the llvm
16 > > flag again and continue to not have the blocker (although AIUI that flag is
17 > > only really useful for the free drivers).
18 >
19 > In other words, the OSS versions for NVidia and ATI and the Intel?
20 > I use the proprietary Nvidia and the Intel driver.
21 [...]
22
23 I would argue that since mesa is a free software implementation of OpenGL, it
24 should be completely irrelevant to the proprietary drivers. Therefor, I would
25 think that this USE flag should not matter to you.
26
27 (However, I am not 100% sure that software can't use mesa in different ways,
28 since a lot of ebuilds have a direct dependency on mesa, e.g., cairo, libsdl2.)
31 Marc Joliet
32 --
33 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
34 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup