From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Building firefox-61 with distcc
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2018 23:44:28
1 On 08/02/18 13:57, Branko Grubic wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2 Aug 2018 22:33:15 +0200
3 > Branko Grubic <bitlord0xff@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Thu, 2 Aug 2018 13:14:22 -0700
6 >> Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >>
8 >>> Well, I discovered some of my plugins stopped working on Firefox
9 >>> because they've been updated to the new plugin format.
10 >>>
11 >>> I've been using distcc for a long time now, and I've tried to build
12 >>> firefox and it fails with:
13 > ...
14 >>> Dan
15 >>>
16 >>
17 >> Same issue here with FF and distcc, it's happening for few releases
18 >> now, whenever I tried to find a solution I was going over some old
19 >> build system issues with FF on their bugzilla.
20 >>
21 >> You can disable distcc for specific package using package.use[1].
22 >> I have just two things set:
23 >> FEATURES="-distcc -distcc-pump"
24 >> and MAKEOPTS reduced in the nodistcc.conf
27 >> [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki//etc/portage/package.env
28 >
29 > It's not package.use but package.env, documentation url is right, just
30 > what I wrote before isn't, no idea what I was thinking at the time.
31 > Sorry for the confusion.
34 Thanks for that, I'll implement that. After I disabled distcc it
35 compiles fine. I wasn't using distcc-pump, just distcc. I guess I should
36 ignore the distcc article suggesting to file a bug when distcc breaks a
37 package, it doesn't look like they're going to fix it.
38
39 Dan