From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Howto compile Xgl on Gentoo (to have dual seat box)
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 18:09:33
1 noro kamen ha scritto:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have dual head nvidia card and like to make dual seat gentoo box.
5 > (i.e. two people can work simultaneously, using their own monitor+mouse+kbd)
6 >
7 > I met these problems:
8 > 1. one X window server can work only with one mouse, kbd and VGA card
9 > 2. nvidia driver doesn't allow to run two X servers on single dual head card
10 >
11 > I configured Xorg.conf for two semi independent screens (signed as
12 > :0.0 and :0.1),
13 > but didn't succeed to attach extra kbd/mouse to them.
14 > (I can run e.g. mplayer on one screen in "fullscreen" mode and work on
15 > the other,
16 > but still using one mouse+kbd.)
17 >
18 > I got inspired by this link:
19 > http://research.edm.uhasselt.be/~jori/page/index.php?n=Misc.DualSeatX
20 >
21 > So I have to compile Xgl, run it on both screens and then attach extra
22 > mouse + kbd to them via XevdevServer.
23 >
24 > Does anybody know how to compile Xgl on Gentoo box ?
25
26 Xgl has been discontinued:
27 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xgl
28
29 Can't you do the same with AIGLX in Xorg?
30
31 m.