From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] fcron driving me crazy
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 03:10:45
1 Hi,
2
3 every fcron is starting updatedb. I dont need this service on a
4 daily basis. I am starting updatedb by hand if I need a fresh db.
5 But I need a full fcron installed for other purposes, so I need
6 to find the script, which tells fcron to start updatedb.
7
8 I have tried to disable all scripts, but it seems, that I am
9 not able to do so ;)
10
11 I edited also roots fcrontab and my own fcrontab to not
12 to start updatedb -- they are fixed.
13
14 My question: Where are other "things" installed, which
15 trigger updatedb on a daily basis?
16
17 Kind regards and thank you very much in advance for any help!
18 mcc
23 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
24 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
25 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
26 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.