From: "Julien Abeillé" <julienabeille@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot problem
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 23:24:58
1 It is ok I just created a /etc/devfs.d directory.
2 This might have comed from what I had runned previously:
3 emerge --update --deep world
4 _etc-update_
5
6 Thanks,
7 Julien
11 abeille julien wrote:
12
13 >Hi,
14 >
15 >I am experiencing a boot problem after having used
16 >"testdisk" recovery utility:
17 >
18 >My disk contained the following partitions:
19 >
20 >hda1 : Primary, NTFS
21 >hda2 : Primary, Linux ext2 (gentoo boot partition)
22 >hda3 : Primary, NTFS
23 >hda4 : Extended
24 >hda5 : Logical, Linux Swap
25 >hda6 : Logical, ext3 (gentoo root partition)
26 >
27 >I am using kernel 2.6 and grub as boot manager
28 >
29 >Using testdisk,
30 >hda2 was renamed hda3 and hda3 was renamed hda2.
31 >
32 >When booting, I did not access grub selection page.
33 >I changed grub.conf so that the boot partition in
34 >grub.conf is hda3, and used "grub" shell to write grub
35 >to the MBR.
36 >
37 >Now when I boot I get to grub selection page, I can
38 >boot windows, but when booting Gentoo, I get the
39 >following errors:
40 >"starting devfs
41 >error opening file: /etc/devfs.d : no such file or
42 >directory
43 >could not start /sbin/devfsd"
44 >
45 >then further:
46 >"fsck.ext3 no such file or directory while trying to
47 >open /dev/hda6
48 >/dev/hda6: the superblock could not be read or does
49 >not describe a correct ext2 filesystem"
50 >
51 >Can anyone help?
52 >Thanks,
53 >Julien
61 >Appel audio GRATUIT partout dans le monde avec le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger
62 >Téléchargez cette version sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com