From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Someone broke kde overlay :P
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:22:22
1 On Mon, 2010-07-12 at 14:41 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > What's the deal with:
3 >
4 > !! Couldn't download 'oxygen-icons-4.4.92.tar.xz'. Aborting.
5 >
6 > Note the ".xz" extension. Where the heck do I get that? Why using
7 > something like this in the first place? Why don't the tarballs I
8 > downloaded from my local KDE mirror work anymore? Why should I trust
9 > tarballs that are not distributed by upstream?
10 >
11 > Please, please, don't do that. I'm sure whoever is responsible for this
12 > is just misinformed about something. Thank you :-)
15 This isn't the bitch and moan mailing list. If you've got problems with
16 an overlay maintainer, then take it to the overlay maintainer. General
17 support questions come here.
18
19 Having said that, you *are* using an overlay. Caveat emptor, and I'm
20 not absolutely certain, but I have a pretty good idea that KDE doesn't
21 even have a oxygen-icons-4.4.92.