From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -uD world dies: "Unable to build"
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 21:50:20
1 On Tuesday 29 January 2008, Mick wrote:
2
3 > Retrace your steps and follow the guide on this one. I'm sure that
4 > you can recover if you ended up with no gcc, but don't know off hand
5 > what it takes to do it. (I am sure that the forums are full of
6 > suggestions for this problem).
7
8 Easy. Grab any old gcc tarball from an install cd, use emerge to unpack
9 this as a binpkg. This gives you a probably less than optimum but
10 working gcc, which can be used to build the desired gcc. Then unmerge
11 the unpacked one.
15 Alan McKinnon
16 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
17 --