From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Should mysql crash sometimes?
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 17:56:12
1 On 11/29/2010 5:46 AM, Grant wrote:
2 >> You can add it to /etc/mysql/my.cnf and restart. Remove it and restart again
3 >> when you've finished.
4 >>
5 >> kashani
6 >
7 > That worked perfectly, thank you.
8 >
9 > I've run mysql_upgrade successfully and all of the warnings have
10 > disappeared from the mysql log file except the following:
11 >
12 > [Warning] No argument was provided to --log-bin, and --log-bin-index
13 > was not used; so replication may break when this MySQL server acts as
14 > a master and has his hostname changed!! Please use
15 > '--log-bin=mysqld-bin' to avoid this problem.
16 >
17 > Should I change the default 'log-bin' line in /etc/mysql/my.cnf to
18 > 'log-bin = mysqld-bin'?
19
20 If you're not replicating, you can ignore that error though what you've
21 posted above should work. I forget what's in the default my.cnf these
22 days, but you should also do the following.
23
24 Add this line to your /etc/mysql/my.cnf and it'll need to be in the
25 [mysqld] section.
26
27 expire_logs_days = 7
28
29 Then log into Mysql and run this command to set the variable without
30 having to restart Mysql.
31
32 SET GLOBAL expire_logs_days=7;
33
34 This will make sure that your logs expire and you don't fill up /var. If
35 you're replicating you'll want to make sure that 7 days fits your needs.
36
37 kashani