From: Stefano Crocco <posta@×××××××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems with LyX and xetex-2021
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 07:54:20
1 On domenica 11 luglio 2021 15:01:07 CEST Nils Freydank wrote:
2 > Hi Stefano,
3 >
4 > I couldn't reproduce your error with xelatex at all. I took your example/MWE
5 > and just executed "xelatex test.tex" and it generated me a single page PDF.
6 >
7 > A quick and dirty idea: Move ~/.texlive (e.g. to ~/.texlive-bak) and let
8 > texlive regenerate files there.
9 >
10 > In my worldfile I have app-text/texlive, dev-tex/biber and dev-tex/latexmk,
11 > everything else are just deps.
12 >
13 > Interestingly it works even with USE="-xetex" for texlive which in turn has
14 > only the following USE flags enabled:
15 > "X extra graphics luatex metapost music png pstricks science truetype"
16 >
17 > Hope that helps you,
18 > Nils
19
20 Thanks for the answer. I tried removing the .texlive directory, but nothing
21 changed. However, on my laptop it worked correctly even with texlive-2021,
22 which is strange because its configuration is very similar to that of my
23 desktop PC (where it doesn't work). The list of texlive-related packages is
24 the same in both machines, so I can't really understand what's going on.
25
26 However, in the meanwhile, I found a workaround for the issue with LyX:
27 enabling the "Use non-TeX fonts (via XeTeX/LuaTeX)" document setting makes it
28 work even on the desktop PC (when I wrote the original mail, I had masked
29 texlive-2021 on my laptop to have a system where LyX worked correctly; after
30 discovering this workaround, I felt safe in upgrading it; I didn't think about
31 testing this problem there).
32
33 I had reported this issue on the LyX bug tracker and they answered me this
34 issue would be fixed in a future release.
35
36 Stefano