From: Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] AMD Radeon R7 370 (Pitcairn) causing the bootup to hang
Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 20:32:40
1 On Mon, May 04, 2020 at 08:53:18PM +1000, Adam Carter wrote:
2 > What CONFIG_FB options are enabled? I dont have CONFIG_FB_EFI set to try
3 > removing that.
4
5 I can't disable FB_EFI as I want to use the E.F.I.\ framebuffer as my terminal.
6 Nonetheless, I have just discovered I am a useless article of the highest
7 degree; `dmesg` revealed the firmware should have been in /lib/firmware/amdgpu,
8 as opposed to /lib/firmware/radeon. I should have figured this out myself
9 sooner, although the entry for Southern Islands cards at [1] should also
10 probably be updated, considering it is focusing entirely on the AMDGPU driver.
11
12 Adam and Peter: Cheers for the help, and I apologise for wasting your time.
13
14 [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/AMDGPU#Incorporating_firmware
18 Ashley Dixon
19 suugaku.co.uk